Previous Exhibitionsback to exhibitions
Matt Eich - The Seven Cities
Presented by The Capital Group Companies with support from the Lee A. and Helen Gifford Fund of the Hampton Roads Community Foundation.
MOCA partners with a Hampton Roads native son, Matt Eich, in an exploration of the region’s unique character and heritage. Hampton Roads is comprised of seven cities: Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Newport News, Hampton and Suffolk. These municipalities are in relatively close proximity, but are distinctly different. This region is an amalgamation of people and cultures, including surfers, skaters, New Agers, hoteliers, shipping and transportation firms, military contractors, and many, many members of the armed forces, to name just a few.
MOCA has reached out to cultural institutions from all seven cities in Hampton Roads who will be showing Eich’s work concurrently in miniature exhibitions for all or part of the MOCA exhibition timeframe. They include:
- Chesapeake: Chesapeake Public Library, Central Library October 1 - November 30, 2013
- Hampton: The Charles H. Taylor Arts Center, August 24 - October 6, 2013
- Newport News: Ferguson Center for the Arts, September 12 - December 29
- Norfolk: The Muse Writer's Center, October 6 - December 29, 2013
- Suffolk: Suffolk Art League Gallery, September 7 - October 25. 2013
- Virginia Beach: The Sandler Center for Performing Arts, September 12, 2013 - January 2, 2014
- Portsmouth: Portsmouth Arts and Cultural Center, September 14 - October 13, 2013
MOCA is hosting this in celebration of the City of Virginia Beach's 50th Anniversary.
- New York Times Blog
- Time Magazine Tumbler
- The Virginian-Pilot 2013-2014 Arts Calendar Critic's Picks
- The Virginian-Pilot Pulse Article
- Veer Magazine
Learn more about this artist via MOCA's exhibition materials:
- Matt Eich didactic
- Famous Films
- Hampton Roads Museums
- Hampton Roads Largest Cities
- Hampton Roads Naval Base