New Gallery Teacher training beginning April 24, 2017!
Do you enjoy having conversations with others about art?
Consider becoming a volunteer gallery teacher at MOCA!
Gallery Teachers make the artwork come alive and stimulate dialogue about the importance of visual learning. Working with contemporary art objects, gallery teachers offer learning experiences that encourage new ideas and stimulate creativity. Gallery teachers provide personal interaction with MOCA visitors by familiarizing and informing students of all ages to MOCA exhibitions.
Initial training is offered 3 times each year and is comprised of four 2-hour sessions.
No prior art or education experience required, but it is very helpful.
MOCA's guided tours are becoming increasingly sought-after as an essential part of the elementary, middle and high school curricula. As demand for tours increases, so does MOCA's need for gallery teachers. For additional information please contact Rebecca Davidson at 425-0000 x323 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Expert training in art and cultural history, communication and performance skills, tour methodology, visual interpretation and contemporary art theory.
- Exhibition walk-through with guest curators, curatorial and/or education staff.
- Complimentary guest passes.
- 10% discount in the MOCA gift store.
- Upon completion of one full year of service, docents are eligible for a 50% discount on one Adult Studio School course per year. Gallery Teachers receive a 20% discount for any additional Adult Studio School course for the given year.
Gallery Teachers are an invaluable part of the MOCA staff. Without gallery teachers, school tours and events for our community would not be possible. If you are interested in learning more about contemporary art and the MOCA's gallery teacher program please contact Rebecca Davidson, Manager of School and Educator Programs, at 757.425.0000 x323 or email email@example.com.