As the leading contemporary art institution in the Commonwealth, the Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art continually reaffirms our commitment to working Virginia artists. MOCA is now featuring Virginia artists’ work in the Museum Shop! Many of our artists have interesting connections to MOCA events and programming. Occasionally, MOCA will feature artists outside of Virginia if the content of the work relates to current exhibitions or programming. Click each one to learn more!
- Jonathan Aumen - Hampton Roads Artist
- Bill Campbell – MOCA Trustee & Hampton Roads Artist
- Donna Iona Drozda - Hampton Roads Artist
- Karen Eide - Hampton Roads Artist
- Stephany Hodge Elsworth - Hampton Roads Artist
- Rich Fizer - MOCA Boardwalk Art Show Artist
- Diamond Forgeries - Hampton Roads Aritst
- Karen Freidt- Hampton Roads Artists
- Anna Freeman- Hampton Roads Artist
- Ryan Gothrup – MOCA Boardwalk Art Show Artist
- Cindy Harrison – Hampton Roads Artist and MOCA Studio School student
- Horse & Hare - Hampton Roards Artist
- Demarquis Johnson – Hampton Roads Artist
- Dollner Johnson- Hampton Roads Black Folk Artist
- Maggie Kerrigan - Hampton Roads Artist and MOCA Studio School student
- John LePine- Hampton Roads Artist
- Sarah Mannino- Hampton Raods Artist | Sarah Maninno Photography
- Maple & Belmont - Hampton Roads Artists
- Genevieve Neal - Hmapton Roads Artist
- Wade Mickley - Hampton Roads Artist
- Rick Nickel - Hampton Roads Artist | Former Exhibiting Artist at MOCA
- Piper Nichole - Hampton Roads Artist - Piper Nichole Online
- Howard Rodman - MOCA Trustee | New Waves 2013 Artist
- Christine Rucker - Hampton Roads Artist
other links to consignment artists:
- Jonathan Aumen - Hampton Roads Artist & New Waves 2013 Artist
- Crystal Bowers - New Waves 2013 Hampton Roads Artist | Stone Soul Pottery
- Daniel Goodwin - Hampton Roads Aritst | New Waves 2013 Artist
- Setsue Putney- Hampton Roads Artist | New WAves 2015
- Roberto Westbrook - New Waves 2013 & Hampton Roads Photographer
- Jenny Wong - Hampton Roads Artist | Exhibiting Artist
open call to artists:
Interested in consigning your work with MOCA? Download and read the consignment artist application form and sample agreement to see if you are eligible to apply.
A few notes about consigning with MOCA:
- MOCA will make every effort to accommodate artists' inquires.
- Consignment agreements are short-term, generally 4-6 months.
- Jewelry artists are limited to four lockable cases. There is typically a wait list.
- All consignment agreements are 60% artist and 40% MOCA. No exceptions please.
- The Museum Shop has very limited wall space to hang. Size restrictions apply.
Questions? Call Rita Utz at 757-425-0000 × 324 or email Rita@VirginiaMOCA.org